Effectively Using Promotional Items To Market Your Business
Marketing plays a huge role in the success of your business. Let’s face it, without customers to buy your products or services, your business will not thrive. Therefore, it is necessary that you take the appropriate actions to show appreciation towards them.
Giving away promotional items are the perfect way to gain new customers, and say thank you to current ones. However, you want to make sure that you use these promotional items to market your business effectively. Otherwise, your money spent on these items could result in failure.
Here are some tips on using promotional items, and which ones are most popular among the consumer.
Top Promotional Items
Everyone loves getting something for free. Here are the top ten promotional gifts that customers love to receive.
- Personalized T-Shirts or Jackets
- Multi-Tools and Multi-Function items
- Custom Bobble Heads
- Mood and Color-Changing Products
- Stress Balls and Stress Figures
- Water Bottles and Travel Mugs
- Canvas tote bags
- Custom Golf Balls and Golf Accessories
These are things that customers look forward to receiving at special events or even just upon visiting your business. Promotional tote bags happen to be a number one gift. It is a gift that can be used time and time again.
Using Promotional Items Effectively
There are some important factors to remember when utilizing promotional items. Since you have to invest money in these types of items you want to make sure that you get the most out of them. Here are some things to think about before deciding on which promotional item to go with.
- Useful Items: Customers love when they get something that they can utilize in their daily life. Plus, it just makes sense to give them something that they will use often. You have a better chance of reaching more clientele if they continuously use a product with your name on it. Think about what you would like to receive. Chances are, if you would not use your promotional gift then neither will your customer. Spending money on useful items will better your chances of gaining new customers and satisfying current ones.
- Quality: Nothing is worse than receiving a promotional item that is poor quality. These types of items will go straight to the trash and are a waste of your time and energy. While you are buying promotional items on a budget, you also want those items to make a lasting impression. If you give poor quality, customers will not be impressed. If you provide a quality gift, they will remember you. Don’t jeopardize quality to save a few bucks. There are nice items that will fit your promotional budget.
- Design: Since your item will be representing your business, you want to make sure the design is clean and appealing. Customers will use a promotional item that has a good design. No one wants to look tacky, so keep this in mind when deciding on your promotional item design. Also, you will probably want to incorporate your logo, or enhance your business information somehow on the promotional item.
- Targeting: When deciding on how you will give away your promotional items you want to think quality over quantity. You want to target customers who need and want your products or services. This factor will also help you determine what type of promotional item to go with. For example, you would not go to a men's event to promote makeup items. So, you need to target women in this case. This will help you decide on what items women enjoy receiving, and finding quality events to give them away.
Learning to market your promotional items effectively will help you gain new customers, say thank you to current customers, and help you save time and money with your promotional marketing efforts.