How Can I Find the Right Size While Shopping for Backpacks Online
Backpacks are ubiquitous these days, and everyone has at least one serving various purposes. Once a sports/travel accessory, now the universally loved bag fits the bill for work, school, urban wandering, short-term tourism, long travels, hiking, outdoor adventures, and more. These useful and versatile unisex bags can meet all needs and exceed all expectations of school pupils, young urban professionals, freelancers, travelers, and more.
Nevertheless, choosing the right backpack for your body (so wearing it does not turn into a strenuous activity) and for your needs may not be as easy as you think. Packs come in a bewildering range of sizes, types, models, and purposes. Today, we offer you a guide on how to pick the best product when you are shopping backpacks online.
Backpacks' Sizes and Measurements for Adults
When you buy a backpack online, you should measure your torso first, especially if you need a bag for hiking, outdoor adventures, or business travels. Your backpack needs to be comfortable and easy on your back. Here is how to measure a rucksack starting from your torso measurements.
- You need flexible measurement tape;
- It helps to have a friend or a family member to give you a hand with this task.
Here is a short guide on how to measure your torso. The main idea here is that you need to measure the length of your back and the width of your waist.
After you take these measurements, take them online to the backpack of your choice. Be sure to look for a dimension description at all times when buying your next favorite bags online. Looks can be deceiving, and sizes are often hard to judge by looking at a picture.
Then, with the measurer in front of you, cross-reference the measurements of your body with the sizes of the backpack you want to buy. Make sure the pack of your choice meets your expectations for the purpose you want it.
Here are the main features you need to look for when you have to pick a backpack for your needs:
- Backpack fit: Here is where your torso length measurement comes in handy;
- Backpack capacity: The size of your backpack ties to your trip's length and how much weight and you are willing to carry. Measured in liters.
- Backpack features: Here, you need to factor in the other specifications of your backpack to meet your needs.
When it comes to a backpacks' capacity, you should also consider the following measurements:
- Under 30 liters – in this category you will find day backpacks for school, work, running errands in the city, commuting, etc.
- 30 to 50 liters – these backpacks make the best choice for travelers who want to spend a weekend elsewhere or for freelancers/entrepreneurs who carry a lot of items for their job/business;
- 50 to 70 liters – these are multiday backpacks, used for city breaks or short vacations (3 to 5 days), hiking, and camping;
- Over 70 liters – such bags are perfect for extended trips (over five days), for parents taking their children hiking or camping, or for more extended vacations abroad. Make sure that if you want to travel light and carry only one sizeable backpack for an entire holiday, the size and capacity of your backpack lines with the airplane hand luggage standards imposed by the air travel company.
Backpacks' Sizes and Measurements for Kids
Do you want to pick a school backpack for your child? Don't worry, ToteBagFactory.com offers bags of all sizes and shapes on our online shop, from minimal and straightforward bags for simple storage to large shopping totes, spacious backpacks, or luxurious travel bags.
So, if you are looking for a kids/junior backpack, here are some guidelines to what size you would need:
- From ages 4 to 6: a 12 inch high and 6-inch wide backpack should be efficient;
- For kids aged 7 to 10: a 13 to 15 inch high and 7-inch wide backpack should be big enough to hold school essentials and more;
- For children and teens ages 10 to 18: it really depends on the cargo your child carries. A backpack ranging from 15 to 19 inches high and 8 to 10 inches wide is sufficient to carry school essentials, books, documents, and more.
How to Choose the Right Backpack for Your Planned Activities
Let's continue our guide and learn how to pick the right backpack for the activities you plan!
Urban Outings / Work / School
Some of the best backpacks for work, school, and urban activities are medium-sized daypacks with laptop compartments or sleeves and enough room to comfortably host your books, water bottle, gadgets, personal belongings, and more! Here are some suggestions!
- Multi-Pocket School Backpack Medium Size – one of the best multi-pocketed backpacks for school, able to fit in your books, gadgets, papers, and more;
- Retro Shape Backpack with 15" laptop sleeve – it also comes with a protective pad and ergonomic padded shoulder straps;
- Classic Laptop Canvas Backpack – with a separate padded laptop compartment, a spacious main compartment, and easy-access front pocket with hidden zipper closure.
The best backpack for the gym or other physical activities and sports should be comfortable to wear, accommodate your belongings, and be sturdy enough so you can carry it everywhere. Here are some ideas that might interest you:
- Large Capacity Drawstring Bag Multi-Pocket for Gym Sports & Workout Gear with two sides mesh pockets, zippered front pocket for the phone and accessories, wide bottom gusset, and wide drawstring closure.
- Large Size Sport Drawstring Canvas Bag, ideal for a gym visit, weekly sports activities, or even daily activities.
If you want to spend the weekend elsewhere and want to travel light, here are some stylish, multifunctional backpacks that will meet all your needs:
- Stylish Digital Camo Backpack to fit in a change of clothes, a laptop/tablet, gadgets, snacks, and water bottle, etc.
- Improved Contrast Honeycomb Backpack – it features an interior organizer panel, comfortable ergonomic padded straps, water bottle holder, and convenient headphone exit port.
- All-in-One Urban Backpack with Laptop Sleeve – you might wonder why we listed this urban backpack for the weekend travels, but you will understand in a minute. With the waist, chest, and side straps, this backpack is great for hiking as well!
For a longer trip by car/train/airplane, for hiking trips, or longer travels, here is a couple of hiking and outdoor backpack models and varieties:
- Easy-Travel Wheeled Backpack – this backpack features reinforced bottom and smooth, durable inline skate wheels; the one-hand push button pulley system transforms it from a regular backpack to a backpack on wheels;
- Camo Xtreme Backpack with Side Pockets and Laptop Pouch – whenever you plan a trip for a longer period, you need all the comfort you can get. It means you will enjoy the main compartment with a dedicated padded laptop sleeve/hydration pouch, and ergonomic air mesh padded shoulder straps, chest strap, stretch air mesh side pockets, and more.
Don't forget that most backpacks feature broad fronts for printing the company logo in case you want to buy packs in bulk to promote your gym business.
If you want more details on how to measure a backpack and buy backpacks online for you or the kids, don't hesitate to check out our online shop and the guides we offer here!